Friday, September 14, 2012

A Cartouche

 I got my pre-stitching done for the New England Stitchers' Retreat.  Yeah!  I need to iron it and put it in a safe place until I leave which is four weeks from yesterday (but who is counting?!?!).  It will be here before I know it.

Then I worked just a bit on the back side of Needle Nut.  It is going well and I can finish it in not too long.

I would like to get back to working on the American Sampler for the top of the small box.  Thank you Mollymaja for your encouraging words. I was a little discouraged yesterday as I kept making mistakes.  I was off a thread, accidentally over two and had to frog, then I didn't like the silk substitute and changed back to DMC.  I guess my goal for today would be to finish the Lady.  Actually I like to finish the Lady and the house but this stitching on 40 count goes slowly.

I'd like to try my hand at the bug we will be stitching  in the Cabinet of Curiositites class.  Maybe I'll trace it on a scrap of linen and play a little.
I'm hoping my mailman brings me the Just Cross Stitch Ornament Issue today.  It would be very enjoyable to sit in the happy chair and peruse ornaments.  Hog Heaven.
A

1 comment: