Some days I should just stay in bed. Yesterday I would have been better off not doing anything.
I realized as I was almost done with the rose on CA Wells Double Pocket Rose thingie that it was in totally the wrong place. Everything I had stitched was wrong. If I could have thrown it away, I might have. But I don't have any more of that banding. So how about making lemonade out of lemons? I started (again!) putting the design in what I hope is the right place, half an inch up from the bottom.
I was hesitant to take everything out. The rose was looking very large and clunky so I thought, why not just do the rose over one instead of two? Then I thought, if I have room, I'll leave that first "v" in and just take out the bottom of the over-two rose so that it doesn't show when it is folded over. So far, okay. It is salvageable.
Then I thought I would try a design out for the side of the small box. I started the lion on the crest from the Spanish Sampler by Sandra Orton. I got the top half of the lion done when I realized that I omitted a stitch that would move his whole leg over. So I dropped that sucker like a hot potato and went onto stitch on something else.
I put in a few leaves on Flowers of the Needle. I don't think I messed that up - yet.
I was so very disappointed not to win the kit on ebay. I really was sure I could get it. I bid in the last 15 seconds more than twice the current bid but no, I didn't get it. Rats. Oh well, there will be another time and another kit.
I am going to work on the lion again today. I have taken the mistake out and now I can try again. He was supposed to be purple but I want him a manly gold. Let's hope I can count today - or at least read a chart correctly.