I am using some gold krenik threads. One of them is too large for the 40 count linen. (#4 very fine braid) The castle threads worked in cross stitch are a little crowded. The other gold thread that I used for the lion's crown is a little thin. It is Japan thread. I went back and worked over it again just to make it show up better. I really need something in between those two threads. But I am just using what I have laying around.
I've decided that I need to make some goals for this week. There are some things that need to be taken care of and I have been ignoring them.
1. Finish putting together the box I have for a blogging friend. It has been sitting around for months, I am a world class procrastinator.
2. Finish the Butterfly pin pad. Just do it! Check in my closet for some Warm & Natural to substitute for the foam.
3. Work the last temari. Get busy on it for heaven's sake. It just needs a little more wrapping and then I can stitch the design.
4. Try stitching one of the circle motifs before going to the New England Stitchers' Retreat - in 18 days.
5. Try stitching the copy of the bug before the instructions come out next Monday in the Cabinet of Curiosities lesson #6. I want to play with it and see if I like overdyed threads on it.
There are a lot of other things I would like to do too.
The bathrooms are clean so I can stitch now.