I was just taking out stitching that I did yesterday on the Home Sweet Home tape measure. I wasn't happy with it at all when I looked at the photo in the book. Why doesn't mine look like that? Then I read the directions. Oh, you are supposed to use three strands and I only used one. I'm my worst enemy sometimes. Assuming I know stuff when I don't. I also messed up the strawberry. Again using one strand when I was supposed to use two. Going over 4 threads when I was supposed to go over eight. Doing queen stitches when it calls for rococo stitches. So essentially I am starting over. But the good news is, it looks like it should now!
Then I looked at the GPA project and decided that maybe I was doing it the wrong direction. So I turned the fabric 90 degrees and started at the other end. While I was restarting I decided to change the colors. The yellow was too brown. The blue was too dark. I am much happier with the colors now. The photo doesn't show the colors correctly.
I am thrilled with my Bookmark! The woven edge turned out nicely and didn't take forever as I expected. I'm still not very good at ending it off but it is passable. I'm toying with the idea of putting a twisted cord bow on the bottom. I love how the woven edge looks so integrated rather than tacked on.
Mr. Snowman got a bit of work yesterday. I have most of a bunny done. I am aiming to get to his face today. I discovered another one of my mistakes. I was using 702 instead of 701. It's a brighter green that called for. I may take it out. I'm going to put in some of the 701 and see if I can tell the difference between the two.
I'm going to be more careful today.