I'm happy to report that I finished the Bookmark. All 4815 stitches. I found some nice teal color dupioni silk to back it with. I put some skirtex in to give it some stiffness. Now I am putting on the woven edge. This is the test to see if I would go to a lot of trouble to give something a nice woven edge. I am using some #8 pearl cotton. I wish I had some silk pearl and I wish I had used #12 pearl instead. But this is a learning experience. I tried making some twisted cording using the #8 pearl cotton but didn't like it as much. I like delicate and the #8 is not so dainty as the #12.
I tried the new stitch, knotted pearl, and worked on the stem of the strawberry for the measuring tape holder for Home Sweet Home. It started off a little rough but now I am getting the hang of it. I realized that I don't need to pad the strawberry which is stitched in queen stitches. Yeah!
Then I started another of the GPA pieces. I'm still not sure about the floss colors I chose but time will tell.
Dylan and I are going to make some hand lotion (baby lotion, Vitamin E cream, aloe & vaseline) for his mom for a Mother's Day present.