Follow Thread in Hand by Email

Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Wandering

The sun is shining brightly outside.  But it is very cold and the road hasn't been plowed yet. DH thinks we got about 9 inches of snow yesterday.  School is cancelled again today.  I just saw a Fed Ex driver try to gun his way up the hill and fishtail.  So I am staying put.  No Y and no walking today.  Maybe things will improve later.

I went looking for something fun to work on yesterday.  I wanted to do more on this blackwork biscornu that I started.

But so far I haven't found the chart for it.  It is somewhere in the laundry basket of shame.

While I was looking for the blackwork chart, I ran across this kit.

 I saw it on someone's blog and just loved it.  So I bought the kit but hadn't started it yet.  It is over one on 40 count.  (Shoot me now)  But hey, I could try a bit and see how it goes.
Not too bad.  I'm thinking of tweaking the colors a bit.

I made a mistake!  The kit coming from the Silver Needle is a Shepherd's Bush design.  The tracking says it should be delivered today!

I am almost done with the pre-stitching for the May retreat.

 I did some experimenting with threads and stitches trying to figure out what I wanted to do.

 Instead of doing 5 rows of backstitch I decided to do 5 rows of stem stitch.  Looks good.  Then instead of large rice stitches with more added on, I decided to do two rows of  long armed cross stitches instead.

 I'm happy with that.
A

2 comments:

  1. Aww I love the new start..so cute
    Happy stitching x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Biscornu is pretty, I hope you find the chart.
    That little fob will be so cute.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete