Follow Thread in Hand by Email

Sunday, March 13, 2016

Disaster

I made such good progress on the Queen's Crown.  I got the ermine band done.
It looks a little messy but I think that's how it is supposed to be.
So I looked at the next lesson.  It was embellishing the almond shaped pieces with gold stuff and buttons and paillettes and beads.  Then I thought I would try doing one to see how it looked.
Wow, I love it!  It looks way better than the photos I've seen.  It sparkles in real life.
Maybe I'll so one more.  Maybe I'll get all four done.
Disaster struck.
I was having a hard time pulling the needle through a button. I got out my handy dandy pliers. I didn't realize that my needle was too big for the button hole.  Crack.  The button broke in two.
I don't know if any extra buttons were included in the kit.  I sure hope so.  Otherwise I may have to write to Amy Mitten to see if I can get another one.  They really are very nifty buttons.  I know I could never find them on my own.  I have six more pieces that need fancy stuff on them.  Then I think it will be time to put this baby together!  Fun!
A

1 comment:

  1. Oh no, I hope you can get another button.
    You are getting this stitched up fast!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete