Follow Thread in Hand by Email

Sunday, March 27, 2016

Something New

I got the linen in the mail yesterday.

 But it is overdyed - not my favorite linen to work on.  Overdying the linen closes up the holes and it is harder to stitch on.  I started it and decided that using two strands of the silk (as recommended on the chart) on the border was too much.  It looked sloppy.  So I thought I would try long arm cross.  That was better but two strands was still too much.  Okay, how about one strand.  That was much better.

  But now I may wait until I get to Stitchville to get just a plain regular nice-to-work-in-hand blue linen.

So then I went looking for 40 count linen.  You would think I know better than to work on 40 count by now.  But I have a new pattern by Milady's Needle that calls for working over two on 40 count.

Maybe that's not so bad.  I found two colors, a cream and a sandstone.  I laid the floss colors on the linens and I decided to try the sandstone.

It is working out well!

I think I can finish this soon.
Of course, I have been working on the birth announcement.  I got Mr. Crab done.

 I am deciding whether to leave out the next row and go straight to the mermaid.

We'll see. . .
The sun is shining.  Can't wait to see Claire today.
Happy Easter.
A

2 comments:

  1. The linen sure looks different from the pics of the kit.
    Love the PYNS project.
    The baby sampler is turning out so cute.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete