Follow Thread in Hand by Email

Saturday, March 12, 2016

Goal!

I met my goals yesterday.  I finished the back of the baby quilt.

 It needs some straightening up of the edges (and maybe a small strip of fabric to make it match the front).  I wasn't sure about whether to put these strips facing the same way.


 But I accidentally put one on the wrong way and decided to keep it that way.  I wanted the end green print to be at the bottom of the strip.  So it is what it is.  Hey, I could have just put one solid piece of fabric on the back and called it a day.  So now I have to find the lightest filling for the inside of the quilt since it will be going to California.  I'm not going to worry about the quilting part yet.

Then I got all the backstitching done on the Queen's Crown.

Yeah!  That means I can start the embellishment part.  First I get to put chenille on to look like ermine.  It feels good to make this much progress.

It was very foggy this morning when I went walking.  I was passed by a ton of runners.  It must have been a St. Patrick's Day run as many were wearing green - and there were some funny leprechaun hats too.
A

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on reaching your goal!
    Your new project is off to a good start.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete