Sunday, March 20, 2016

Proud

I am immensely proud to present my Queen's Crown.  It is all done!


In the photos you can't see its sparkle. Note the pearl headed pins in the ermine part.
I can't believe I made it.  It was a good exercise to couch down metal threads.  This project is wonderfully engineered.  Under the top cross is a needle holder.
When the drawer/tray is pushed in you can't even tell which side is the base and which is the drawer/tray.

 This was a fun project.  Amy Mitten has a journal of how the design evolved on the tutorial.  It is fascinating to read how this all came to be.  I look forward to her next creation - which I will get in a couple of weeks, the World Map pin keep.  Lucky me.
A

7 comments:

  1. Dear Amy " wind twirler"
    I can't believe you have already wrapped this one up too.
    You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your finish.
    It's beautiful!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. My goodness! That was so quick! I was going to start the spring keepsakes next, but I may need t reconsider! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a masterpiece! Congrats! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have Royally out done yourself! IT's Beautiful! I love all the fine detailing and the rich threads & velvet's. Stunning Amy! Royal Congratulations!!!
    love Annette

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is gorgeous!! Congratulations! I think it would take me a year to finish this....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Just Wow! You tackle the most amazing projects! :)

    ReplyDelete