Follow Thread in Hand by Email

Sunday, February 1, 2015

One More Side

I'm making progress on Eleonora's Box.  One more side is done!  Yeah!

I started on the picture side which is the back.  It will be more interesting than all those diamond shapes.  Poor Elly has a Roman nose.  I'm going to have to change that.  I'm not sure how, but I'm going to give her a cute nose.

I am a very bad girl.  I put two pieces of linen in the washing machine and dryer.  I just wanted to see what would happen.  Did it get the starch out?  You betcha.  I would not ever put linen in the dryer again.  I went back and read Amy Mitten's directions and she said to more or less iron it dry.  I ironed the linen using spray starch to get the wrinkles out.  It turned out pretty well.  There is a light line across the darker linen where it was folded but only on one side.

Then the lighter linen has a rusty stain, I don't know where that came from.  It could have come from my iron.  I can work around it.  The linen is still usable.  I wanted to try out some new colors on the light linen.
 
I love my Friesland design.  I got a corner done.

I love the ribbon looking strip around the design.
We are getting a ton of snow today.  Ten to fourteen inches.  So I am a sloth today, no walking.  I'll just stitch.
A

2 comments:

  1. beautiful stitching, love the Friesland one ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great progress.
    Friesland is very pretty.
    Can't wait to see more of this one.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete