No cross stitching was done yesterday. I worked on the finishing of Eleonora's Box all day. I am very happy with how it is turning out. It looks nice and neat. I'm changing how things are done here and there.
I wasn't crazy about the lining. It was (gasp) polyester. I really prefer to line stitching with silk dupioni. I have a stash of dupioni from when my BFF and I went to this place in Minnesota that has a ton of silk dupioni. So I went through my stash to see if I had something that went with the box color-wise. I found a lovely color that matched the linen color. Luckily I had enough to line the box.
I have replaced the gluing with lacing and sewing.
I have needed the help of pliers. It helps pull my needle through some tight places like when I'm joining the sides of the box.
The lid is done and I have to sew the hinge to the inside of the box.
Then the lining can be sewn all around the top edge. I still have to figure out where to tack the box lid stays - that's the cording that holds the lid up when it is open. Then I'll be done done done!
I'm very proud of this box. I worked really hard to get it done. There is actually a needle book yet to do but I'm not doing that right now.
Jackie DuPlessis's facebook page today shows models two of her classes for Williamsburg this year. I am loving her projects.