Thursday, February 12, 2015

Construction Zone

I am in the throes of constructing Eleonora's Box.
I went back and gave Elly lips and an eyebrow.  I put a braid in her hair.  She is much more attractive now.

She was supposed to have a ribbon in her hair but I didn't like that so I left it out and did the braid instead.
 I was tickled pink to get this all stitched.  So now I can start putting it together. Of course, I ironed my stitching and it looked 100% better.   I put interfacing on the back.  I measured the various sides to see if they matched the recommended cardboard cuts.  (No, they didn't)  I was excited to finally sew on the Eleonora cameo to her box lid.
I cut batting for the lid and the bottom.  The designer says to glue the edges to the cardboard but I would be more comfortable lacing the stitching onto the cardboard.

 So that is my next step.  Here are the pieces:

I also have to do a lining piece for each side and the lid.
I sure hope it goes together okay.
Can I get this all done by tomorrow?  I'm going to try.
Do or do not, there is no try. (Yoda)
A

2 comments:

  1. It's really starting to take shape now.
    I like the changes you made.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete