Friday, August 31, 2012

I've Got a Thing for Strawberries

Santa Baby is finished.  I think she turned out great.  Somewhere I have a round metal finishing form to mount it on.  I have been thinking whether to stitch "To Claire from Gran 2012" on the back or to just write it in permanent marker.  Also, I'll have to see if it needs some twisted cording around it.

I started something new.  When I was looking at blogs yesterday, I ran across the one with the Strawberry Summer in Olde Colonial's mini clock.  She had finished it and it looked great.  So I decided to kit it up.  I only had three of the six Weeks Dye Works it calls for.  So I ran to the LNS and luckily they had the other three colors that I needed.  So I started it.  I really like how it is turning out.  It is cuter in person than in the magazine photo.  I saw this on Willow Tree Stitcher's blog.  I am almost half done!  Maybe I'll get it done before the clock I ordered gets here.  I don't know why I like strawberries so much, but I do.

I got another magazine in the mail that I bought on the Bay of Evil.

 It has a sweets bag on the front by Sharon Cohen.
 Today I should get my Hand Dyed Fibers order in the mail.
It is supposed to be hot today.  I'll just stay in and finish my strawberry clock.
A

No comments:

Post a Comment