Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Measure for Measure

I am on a roll.  I've made three tape measures this last week.  I made up a tape measure kit a few years ago.  It was hard because it was over one and I hadn't done much over one work.

 
I use this one alot.  Then in an Inspirations issue, they showed a bunch of tape measure covers that were gorgeous.  I meant to try one.  Many were embellished with silk ribbon flowers.  I don't know why but I like tape measure covers.  I got a couple of kits on Vendor night at the retreat as well as the Pansy tape measure cover.
This tape measure matches the Berry Thief needlebook I made.  I'm not sure I like how it is put together.  The end of the tape measure is stuffed into that strawberry on top.  A little awkward.  The strawberries along the edge are appliqued felt pieces with french knots on top.  I haven't done that technique before but it turned out okay.
This tape measure is so easy and I love the blue rose.  It has ribbon around the edge.
This one is my favorite.  So cute.  And it will match A Tisket A Tasket box.  But I just realized that I forgot the little navy blue dot in the middle of the pansy one.  So I am trying it again with Hand Dyed Fibers and changing a stitch here and there.  I want the leaves to be more round instead of three straight stitches.
I had a lot of fun stitching these and they aren't hard to put together either.
A

1 comment:

  1. Well done. They are all beautiful- each in their own way

    ReplyDelete