I am working on the Mary Englebreit ornament for Claire. I'm working on 35 count white linen with DMC threads. I wasn't sure it was going to turn out small enough. I wasn't sure the colors would work together. After some more stitching, I think it is coming together and will be fine. I thought maybe the black backstitchig all around the edge would be too much for the soft colors. But it is the Mary Englebreit style. I might have cut the linen a little small. I have to put in the wing and see if I get perilously close to the edge. This is a pretty quick stitch. I would like it to be smaller but it is what it is.
I didn't get all my finishing done yesterday. I wasn't sure about the Strawberry Hill finishing. I sewed it together, putting in two small pockets, hoping that it would look okay folded in half. But the way I have it, everything will fall out of the pockets. I'm just not sure whether to take it apart and try a different configuration or just leave it. I've got to think about it some more.
It is a lovely day. I left on time for exercise class and every light was green for me. I should buy a lottery ticket.