Wednesday, August 1, 2012

August

It is August.  I can't believe it.  Already.  But there is lots to took forward to this month.  I got a surprise last night when I found part of the Cabinet of Curiosities Lesson 4 posted early.  There have been computer issues and the rest of the lesson will be posted in a few days.  I spent last night playing with printing out the designs and taping them on the double casket to see how they look.



 Wow.  It looks very neat.  The kits for this class are being put together right now and will be sent out in a few days.  Yeah!

Next Tuesday is when I leave for retreat.  I finished the last three rows of Beautiful.  Yeah!  I am putting in some leaves on the vine I don't like.  Then I have just a few pin stitches up the edge to finish off.  I certainly will have it all done today.  I think it will look much better when I get it all ironed.  I will probably roll it up to take it to Minneapolis rather than fold it.


My order from Stitching Bits and Bobs is "Being prepared for shipping".  That's a record.  It's only been a week and a half.  Of course, I don't actually have it yet.

There are so many projects that I have left by the wayside.  I need to finish them up.

  I need to kit up some stuff to stitch on my trip.  I am taking three classes:  Briar Rose (Jackie DuPlessis), Tiny Treasures (Orna Willis) and Beautiful (Jackie DuPlessis).  We will be finishing Briar Rose and Beautiful as they are all stitched now.   I have Thursday free and hope to do some fun stuff (shopping!) on that day.
I'm looking forward to seeing friends and my BFF.
A

3 comments:

  1. Amy, the casket looks incredible!!! Hope you don't mind if i send a link to your blog to my friend who is stitching this. She was saying that she wanted to make a mock up of the casket using foam core. Oh, my goodness! I can't wait to see your progress!! Nancy in NY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, the casket is great. I hope you enjoy your retreat next week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to seeing you again too Amy!

    ReplyDelete