Saturday, August 25, 2012

Last Saturday of August

This is the last Saturday in August.  The Scottish Festival is at the fairgrounds today.  It is 88 degrees.  Whew.  Too hot for me but we'll see if DH wants to go.  I'd rather stay home in the air conditioning and stitch.  I'm not an outdoorsy person.

I started the Irish Sampler by Sharon Cohen, Nostalgic Needle.  It is to be worked on 35.  All of a sudden I'm working several different projects on 35 count.  I guess I'll get used to it pretty quick.  This project is bigger than I thought.  Kind of big for a pin cushion or ornament.

I stitched my version of the Sue Spargo bird down. Now I am going to scan it, print it out and doodle on it.  My inspiration is Lee Popp's embroidery seen here:

I finished stitching Strawberry Hill.  The name isn't perfectly centered but that's alright.
I found some fabric in my stash to line it in.  I thinking of adding some pockets and thread rings.

I cut a piece of 32 count sandstone fabric to work the Cherished Stitches Limited Edition kit on.  I think I'll be happier with that.  I am going to use some Valdani silk to start out with.  I'll have to try a few stitches to see how the coverage is with one strand.

My goal is to finish off the Purple Thread project, Pink Lemonade, today.

I picked out the ornament I want to stitch for Claire's first Christmas.  It is an angel holding a heart.
Claire's got my heart that's for sure.
A

No comments:

Post a Comment