Follow Thread in Hand by Email

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Strawberry Hill

Yesterday at step class it was the instructor's birthday.  She had many balloons all over the floor and cupcakes for all of us.  I couldn't believe that she is 65!  She is my hardest teacher and everyone works hard to keep up with her.  We had fun celebrating her birthday.

I have been working on several projects.  I get distracted so easily.  Something cute comes along and I drop everything to work on it.  I took the Strawberry Hill project to work on at the retreat.  I didn't get much done as I spent most of my time trying to finish up Briar Rose and Beautiful.  I started it on a too small piece of linen.  Then I doodled with it just to see how it would look one over one.  I have wanted to do a mattress pin cushion with the edge having a strawberry vine design.

I started it again on a larger piece of linen.  I meant to just do the pin cushion part but I love the strawberry vine at the top so I added that.  Then I thought of making a hufwife and I've kept going.  I saw that there are six letters of the alphabet on a line and thought of doing my name instead.  So I made a couple of copies of the chart and cut them up to see how it would look.

I didn't really want to stitch the alphabet so I am going with my name.

There is another strawberry vine at the bottom.  This project is on 35 count but it doesn't look that tiny or delicate.  I am feeling more comfortable with smaller counts.
I got some mail today.  The mailman usually comes in the middle of the afternoon but today he came in the morning.  He brought me a package that I had ordered two months ago.

It is a kit for 30 Mary Engelbreit ornaments.  I want to start the tradition of making Claire a little Christmas ornament every year.  Now I have to decide on which one.  Too many cute ones to choose from!
A

No comments:

Post a Comment