But the end of the wing is five threads from the edge.
I will console myself with the fact that this is bigger than I thought it would be, bigger than what I wanted for an ornament I have three versions of the chart for this ornament. One from a kit and two from a book. So I can stitch it again (ARGH) from a smaller chart if I want. I can truncate the end of the wings just a bit or I can pitch it. I hate to see my time and effort wasted. Not sure what I'll do. Maybe I'll choose a different ornament to make.
I tried coloring the top design of the double casket.
I don't really like this design as it looks like it has been resized badly. That flower looks squatty - wider that it is tall. I think I'll change this design. My original idea was a flowered oval with my initial "A" in the middle. It really does help to color the design to get more of an idea of what it will look like. I think that will be our homework for Lesson 5 - coloring our designs. I have found out that Lesson 5 may be delayed due to computer problems. I'm glad to know that as I will be less disappointed on Saturday if it is not posted.
Oh, well back to the drawing board.