Thursday, August 30, 2012

It's a New Day

Things always look better in the morning.  Thanks for the great comments.  My BFF had many suggestions on what to do with the Mary Engelbreit ornament for Claire that was too close to the edge.  I hadn't thought of putting interfacing on the back.  Good idea.  It is too much work too just throw away.  But in the mean time, I started another ornament.  I'm calling it Santa Baby as it looks like a baby in a Santa outfit.  I made sure to follow the directions on this.  It said to cut a piece of fabric 3 inches square.  I cut it four inches just to be sure I had enough room.  It is a quick stitch as I only started it last night after dinner.  I think I will also stitch the smaller version of the first ornament.  It shouldn't take too long.


 
I made a small bit of progress on the Cherished Stitches Limited Edition kit.  It is kind of a boring design so after a while I start yawning and feeling sleepy.  I guess that is the signal to go on to something else.

I threaded the ecru silk ribbon I got the other day through the ribbonless end of Beautiful.  I really like how it looks.  It doesn't need to be overdyed silk.  I bought two yards.  I might have just enough to replace the ribbon in the other end.  Then the two end ribbons would match and Beautiful will be done.

We went to Barnes & Noble yesterday and I got a book.  It is "The Light Between Oceans".  DH said I should read at least the first chapter this week.  I did that this morning.  I think I will enjoy this.

I'm hoping the mailman brings me something fun today.  We'll see if he comes through.
A

1 comment:

  1. The Beautiful is so heavenly! Really like the soft creamy ribbon too. What a great handy thing to put the stitching on and just lift away when needed.

    I too get quite sleepy when the stitching is too
    much same, good to have rotations with several projects.

    The santa baby ornament is soo cute!

    Thanks for sharing your lovely stitching:):)

    ReplyDelete