Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Front and Center

I decided to start the front of Home Sweet Home.  It was a little scary.  How can embroidery be scary?  Well, if you have to try things you've never done before and you are afraid of messing it all up, it's scary.
I traced the design onto the fabric.

 First I have to do three windows.   I thought thread would be couched on an angle but these windows are done in a different way.  Organza is ironed on with stitch witchery kind of stuff.  Then you have to measure and put in rows of foundation stitches evenly across the window. I used Tiger Tape and  tape measure tape to help me.  Then you weave through the foundation stitches.  The first window I tried was a little messy.  The second window went better.  The window is bordered with Portuguese border stitch.  I haven't done that before.  I think I have the hang of it.

This side has about forty million leaves on it done in fly stitch. (Actually, there are around fifty.)  I tried one just to see how it went.  Not too bad and pretty quick.  The leaves are three different colors of thread.
So far:

Someone asked what color my amaryllis is.  I don't know. I threw away the box so I don't know if it said on there what color it is.  I think it will be red but it will be fun to find out.

It is snowing here so I had to walk at the Y.  I watched a whole season of Sneaky Pete on Amazon and enjoyed it although I didn't catch a few parts of it. I was stitching as I was watching.   I should watch it all again to see if I can pick up who everybody is and understand the entire plot.  But it was very good anyway.  It is very clever.
A

3 comments:

  1. Looking good! Those windows are incredible....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice progress on an intense piece.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven`t been brave enough to start this project yet. I will be using from my stash the threads. Have book and fabric waiting. My light box needs to be used. :) Love what progress you have made. Happy Stitching.

    ReplyDelete