Follow Thread in Hand by Email

Monday, January 2, 2017

The Queen's Ruff

I've been working on the Queen's Ruff.  It took a long time to wrap all those bars.  I thought I'd never finish.  But I kept at it and it is finally done.

So on to the next lesson.  I had to fill in five areas in the next row.  It wasn't hard.

  This isn't my kind of stitching and it bugs me that it isn't perfect.  It is much messier that I'd like.  But if I squint and hold it farther away from me, it looks okay.  Then I started adding the next row.  It has detached buttonhole and I like how it is turning out.


 It seems like each row I add makes the other rows not so noticeably imperfect.  I guess to say it in a more positive way, it's looking better as I go along.  When I get the triangle sections done, there are about 53 little woven squares.  Still, it isn't hard.  I can do it.

I ordered a frame and mat for The Owl and the Pussycat.  It is hard to choose mat colors when you don't know how the computer has altered them.  But I was pleased with what I got.  I put it all together and I'll show you tomorrow.

The bathrooms are clean.  I walked outside for the first time in several weeks.  Claire's birthday is next week and I'm going to make her some shortbread as she just loved what I sent for Christmas.  I'll show you that tomorrow too.  I'm making it special.
A

1 comment:

  1. Great progress.
    That's intense stitching!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete