Follow Thread in Hand by Email

Saturday, January 14, 2017

Almost Half

I'm loving how the ruff is developing.  I'm almost half way around.  This is going to be very cool when it is done.

I put a few stitches in the Final Soliloquy.

I like getting to a point where I can add another color.
I'd love to finish his head today.  We'll see.  This 17 stitches a day thing might be working out.

My friend Janet Brandt is featured on two blogs today.  She really is amazing.  Check out janetbrandt.com

The candied orange peel is drying out.  I have to give it a couple of days and it will be yummy.

I tried sprinkling it with Grand Marinier and sugar.  I want to see if I can taste the liquor.

I want to show you the back of the Queen's Ruff tomorrow.  It's Op Art!
A


3 comments:

  1. I have always wanted to make candied orange peel. Yum! That ruff is absolutely gorgeous. I like the idea of 17 stitches a day. I might adopt that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crap. I used to make the peel for mom and forgot all about it! I just ate a 5# bags of oranges and have nothing to show for it. I am in awe of your work on the ruff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Ruff is turning out so pretty.
    Mmmm, the orange peel looks good!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete