Follow Thread in Hand by Email

Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Doing it Wrong

I've started the eight maids a milking felt ornament but I am doing it wrong.  I want to see if I can get away with it.  I'm using the non-sticky water dissolving interfacing.  I just pinned it on.  I didn't shrink my felt.  I'm using slightly different stitches, stem stitch instead of backstitch.  I'm a rebel.  I will probably change some colors of floss too.  If it doesn't turn out, it is my own darn fault!

I haven't gotten very far. After  I get it stitched, I'm going to try to tear off some of the interfacing.  We'll see how well it goes.

I've got a total of 4 circles done on the Queen's Ruff.  I'll get the fifth one done today.  I tried starting one of the big Xs.

I didn't get my ten stitches in the Final Soliloquy.  Then I watched a FlossTube video and it is supposed to be 17 stitches a day.  I can make that up.  I really is good to get some progress, however small, every day.
Yesterday's weather cleared off our roads.  You just have to be careful of a few icy spots.  More rain and warmth today will get rid of more of the piles of snow.  We've already had four feet of snow this winter.
My fingers are better today.
A

2 comments:

  1. The milkmaid is adorable! I bet yours will turn out just fine, changes and all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a cute ornament.
    Queen's Ruff is looking great too.
    Glad your hands are healing.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete