Follow Thread in Hand by Email

Tuesday, January 17, 2017

I've Got It!

I got all the way around on the first row of detached buttonhole.  Then when I started the second row, I knew I would have to figure out the Picot stitch.  I reread the directions.  I looked up a couple of YouTube videos.  I tried a few picots.  I didn't have it quite right - yet.

  One more YouTube video for a twisted picot.  Aha!  That's the kind of picot I was looking for!  I went back and reread the directions and the light dawned.  I figured it out.

 This stitch reminds me of a buillion (another stitch that I used to be afraid of).  You have to hold on to the wraps.  I made a few picots I think are perfect.
I got it!

I looked at the pictures in the Home Sweet Home book.

 I wanted to see which edge was on the outside.  Okay, I got it now, the long sides are outside of the short sides.

Then I went to see what I had done on my lining.  That was part of the problem.  I'm glad I had only taped the sides together rather than stitched them.

 So I tried putting the tray in once I had reconfigued it so the long sides were outside of the short sides.

 I was able to put the tray into the lining - but just barely.  It fits very snugly.

  I think things are going to work but I have to be very careful as I put this together.  A commenter wanted to know the blog of the lady who stitched Home Sweet Home.  It is https://janetgranger.wordpress.com/2014/08/07/carolyn-pearce-home-sweet-home/  Her advise has helped me.  Thank you Janet Granger!

It's a warm rainy day.  I went to Bed, Bath and Beyond to get my favorite coffee, Dark Hazelnut and it was on sale.  Yeah!  I'm anxious to finish up the last row of the ruff.
A

1 comment:

  1. The Ruff looks so lacey and pretty.
    Good progress on HSH.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete