Saturday, January 28, 2017

Santa Mouse

I got the linen in the mail to stitch Just Nan's Santa Mouse. It's a lovely gingerbread color.

  It is just a six inch square.  I stitched the mouse very close to one side.  I think I have enough fabric left to stitch another mouse.  I have a feeling that I have another Just Nan mouse pattern in my cabinet somewhere.  This is an overdyed fabric and I had a hard time seeing the holes so I put it in a hoop.  That helped.

This guy is very cute.


His bag of toys is made out of a tiny piece of felt.

He isn't very stable.  His tail is heavy enough to tip him over.  He has to be balanced just right. Maybe I should have put a penny in the bottom to give him some weight.  I'm getting a little mouse village.


I walked at the Y as I was afraid it would be very slippery walking outside today.  We are back to January weather with several inches of snow expected this weekend.  The neighbors gave us an amaryllis bulb for Christmas.  I'm not a very good gardener but all you have to do is water it once a week.  I can handle that.  All I have to remember is to water it on Friday.  It has started to grow.

Have a happy Saturday!
A

4 comments:

  1. Very glad to see your cheerful blog back. It's a little happy moment during the day! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey Amy how about your next project be that little pink cube thingy you got in December with the pins - it was a kit and you showed it sometime in December - the designer has a whole set of them and you got one of them

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a nice collection of little mice there. :)
    So cute.
    Amaryllis are pretty easy to care for, and soooo pretty when they bloom.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Santa mouse is indeed adorable - the sack with the candycane in it and his little hat are delightful touches. Fun to see them all together!

    ReplyDelete