I am a competitive person. I can't help it, that's just how it is. So when I heard that Judy had her little Ophelia book done, I had to try and get mine done too.
It is the last part of Ophelia that I have left to do. I thought about not doing it at all but when I heard Judy had hers done, that sealed the deal. If she can do it, so can I.
So I cut the pages and cover and sewed them in the book. Good start. Then I wrote on the pages. I messed that up as I think I was only supposed to write on the right side page and I wrote on both sides.
Then I did the herringbone page. It's on 40 count.
I wanted to try the knitting. You need to knit just a small sample. Merry Cox did it with toothpicks. I decided to try it with needles, large tapestry needles and #12 pearl cotton. I'm on my third try. First I did too many stitches. I forget how I goofed the second one up. Now I'm on my third try. Everything was going well until I discovered that I dropped a stitch.
I tried fixing it but I didn't do it right. So I need to try one more time. ARGH.
I got the frog done on the big Mermaid.
Today I want to get to the butterfly.
A friend is coming over to my house to stitch with me tomorrow. I'm very excited. We'll have fun.