Monday, July 13, 2015

Working Things Out

I finished up the scissors fob.  I should have tacked down the mitered corners and it would have been easier to lace together.  I think it turned out nicely.  I don't even think that it needs twisted cording on the edge.

I should have been working on the Spring Fling project but I didn't.  I went onto the pinkeep for Williamsburg Remembered.  It is a Tudor rose.  It is very small so I thought I could whip it out.  But things don't always work our like you imagine.  The rose part is a challenge because some of it is tent stitch over one, some is trellis and some is spiral trellis.  I wasn't sure about the trellis part.  Which way should I work it?  Horizontally or vertically?  Well I tried horizontally.  Nope, I didn't like how it looked.  So I tried vertically.  That was better.  So I cut out my first petal and started again.  Somewhere in the back of my head, I know that when you paint a flower, you paint it in the way that it grows.  Maybe that applies to stitching too.
Here I am so far:
Now that I'm looking at it, the rose doesn't seem like it is centered.  I wonder if I made a mistake.  I'm changing the shape of the rose as I go along so that makes it challenging as well.
It was storming this morning so I had to walk at the Y.  I really prefer to walk outside but not in thunder and lightening and wind and rain.

The bathrooms are clean.  I've been to the bank and my LNS.  I think I should pack for my trip on Wednesday.  The same three outfits I always take in the summer.  I hope it won't be too hot there.
A

2 comments:

  1. if you are packing for The Silver Needle it is very hot here in Oklahoma. Try 100 degrees.

    Barbara in OKC

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty!
    Have fun on your trip.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete