Follow Thread in Hand by Email

Monday, July 27, 2015

Errata

I put together my Stitching by the Sea pin cushion.  I used #12 pearl cotton for the backstitching and whipping the stitches togethere.  It worked very well!


Now to start the box it sits in.

Then I wanted to start this JBW design.

 I saw it all made up at the Silver Needle and thought it was gorgeous.  It looked familiar, I might have that design.  I went through some stash and found it.  But as I was working on it, I was not happy.  First, it is hard to work on a piece of linen that is attached to the needleroll.  Then there is a major error on the chart. The symbols for Light green and dark green are switched.  So after stitching half of the stem and wondering why it was so light, I realized the mistake.  Rats.  I had to take it out and redo it.  I changed the light pink (which I couldn't find) to a darker pink to make the flowers look like strawberries.
I like the design but am still irritated at the mistake in the chart.  I think I can finish this one off today.
The bathrooms are clean and I have reached 10,000 steps.  Time to relax in the air conditioning.
A

1 comment:

  1. Amy, I am continuing to enjoy your blog adventures. Stitching and food always entertain me. I like your taste in stitching projects. Regards, Rebecca

    ReplyDelete