Sunday, July 5, 2015

Ophelia's Memory Book

I am tickled to announce that I have finished Ophelia's Memory Book.

It wasn't easy as much of the stitching is over one.  I changed a few things.  I used a different font for my name.  I didn't want to do nun stitch for the edge.  I saw a new stitch on facebook and looked it up.  I tried it but it didn't work well with this small piece.  So I went to my favorite stitch, long arm cross.  I wasn't sure it would work out since I had withdrawn some threads for the facebook stitch that I tried.  But I like how it turned out.  The channel created by the withdrawn thread was perfect for sewing it onto the memory book.  Then I had an inspiration.  I printed out some small photos of my Cincy trip and put them in the memory book.  I love it!


There is an antique label on the back of the book.

 I love the silk fabric in the kit.  You could choose which one you wanted for the front.  I have a very similar edge scissors to what Merry used on the inside pages.  This was pretty easy finishing and I like the spine.  Happy dance!
I still have Ophelia's sampler to do but right now I can't find the directions.  I decided that I need to finish up the Drawn Thread project that was from Spring Fling last year since I'm going to have a new Drawn Thread project in a week and a half.
Have a fun and quiet Sunday.
A

3 comments:

  1. I love the mini pictures Amy! Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your finishes are amazing! Thank you for sharing such great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just too cute.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete