I am tickled to announce that I have finished Ophelia's Memory Book.
It wasn't easy as much of the stitching is over one. I changed a few things. I used a different font for my name. I didn't want to do nun stitch for the edge. I saw a new stitch on facebook and looked it up. I tried it but it didn't work well with this small piece. So I went to my favorite stitch, long arm cross. I wasn't sure it would work out since I had withdrawn some threads for the facebook stitch that I tried. But I like how it turned out. The channel created by the withdrawn thread was perfect for sewing it onto the memory book. Then I had an inspiration. I printed out some small photos of my Cincy trip and put them in the memory book. I love it!
There is an antique label on the back of the book.
I love the silk fabric in the kit. You could choose which one you wanted for the front. I have a very similar edge scissors to what Merry used on the inside pages. This was pretty easy finishing and I like the spine. Happy dance!
I still have Ophelia's sampler to do but right now I can't find the directions. I decided that I need to finish up the Drawn Thread project that was from Spring Fling last year since I'm going to have a new Drawn Thread project in a week and a half.
Have a fun and quiet Sunday.