I really do try to finish stuff even if it is ugly. I changed the colors on the pre-stitching for the finishing class at The Silver Needle. So the colors I chose didn't really go with the black and gray theme of the fabrics used in finishing. But that's my problem. I didn't follow the directions. This is how it looks all finished:
I used comic board and really like the feel of it. I used the kimono thread to sew on the front piece (no glue!). The thread hardly shows at all. I couldn't find the buttons that Mona gave us to put on the needle page so I used some from my stash. I like the ribbon that Mona gave us. It's really a sturdy seam tape as opposed to the vintage seam tape that is flimsy. I'm glad that it is done.
Then I started on Harmony. I admit I used the sewing machine to baste the muslin to the back of each screen printed piece. Then I tried putting it in a hoop. I didn't like the tension and it was hard to stitch. So I took it out of the hoop and am trying it in hand. If I'm careful not to pull each stitch too hard, I'll be fine. I just have to backstitch the lines.
Then I got out the linen to start the box that the Stiching By the Sea goes in.
I was craving some just regular cross stitch after working on Ophelia's sampler (over one on 40, argh). I sort of finished the sampler. You can add initials to personalize it. But there is no graph to go from. It doesn't make sense to me to put Ophelia Wheterspoon on it and then add your own initials and those of your family.
So I have to think if I want to put anything else on it. Right now, the answer is no. I just want to be done with it! I have other stuff to do.