Friday, July 24, 2015

Going Home

Last Sunday I was all done with the retreat but my plane didn't leave until 5:30 p.m.  What to do all day?  Stitch of course.  I walked and had breakfast at Starbucks.  Then I worked on Just Nan's Bride Mouse.  I got it all finished.



 I am not really happy with the tail.  I couldn't get it in the little hole at the bottom since I didn't have access to my tools in the hotel room.   I just tacked it down.  But at least it is all stitched, all beaded and all put together.

Then I worked on my retreat projects.  I am close to getting the Tall House Needlebook all done.  The Pulling Threads project takes a bit more concentration.  I decide to check out at 11 and take the shuttle to the airport.

I run into Janet at the airport.  She has to wait for her plane too.  It is great to have someone to talk to.  It makes the time go faster.
By the time my plane takes off, I have Tall House Needlebook all stitched.  I put it together this week and here it is all done:




I haven't used those little things that are on the spine before but it worked out fine.  We got a counting pin in our kit.

 The initials on the back aren't centered as well as I would have liked.  But it is what it is and it will have to do.
I have been a bit scattered this week as I have so many things to work on.  What to work on first?  I've kind of been picking up this and that, whatever is in reach and whatever I feel like.  I'll show you tomorrow.
A

5 comments:

  1. I love the tall House Needlebook. Your bride is cute too!
    When is your next retreat?

    Barbara in OKC

    ReplyDelete
  2. The JN Bride is too cute.
    What a cool needlebook.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always sad when the retreat is over! Love the book and needlebook! You did a beautiful job in finishing them! Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet needlebook! Loved getting a peak into your retreat - what fun!

    ReplyDelete