Saturday, July 25, 2015

Ophelia's Doll

When I took the Ophelia class from Merry Cox she told us about the man who makes the doll, Eric Horne.  He is elderly and may not be making them still.  On his website there are various sizes of dolls.  The lady who hosted the Merry Cox classes had a display of Ophelia and several similar dolls.  I wanted one of the smaller size dolls to be Ophelia's doll.  So I thought I would try ordering one and see what happened.  They take paypal, yeah.  The order went through.  Then just last week I got the doll!

She is amazing.  She bends just like the 9 inch Ophelia.  Wow.

  But she is nearly naked.  I have a bit of the dupioni silk left over that I used for Ophelia's dress so I'm going to try and make the 2 inch doll a dress to match.

Getting the doll made me want to finish Ophelia's sampler.  This is how far I am:

I have also been working on Stitching by the Sea.

This is the pin cushion part.  There are a few mistakes but I don't think they are noticeable.  Can't wait to put this one together.
It is a great summer day.  I've walked and been to the Farmer's Market and the Post Office.  I've paid the bills.  Now to relax and stitch.
A

4 comments:

  1. That doll is do tiny! I love your seaside. I might have to get that pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That doll is do tiny! I love your seaside. I might have to get that pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness how precious! Love the doll and the doll's doll...!!! Can't wait to see the tiny dress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute, tiny doll.
    Stitching By The Sea is a great piece,
    Can't wait to see it put together.
    Cathy has some clever designs.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete