Saturday, July 4, 2015

Happy 4th

Happy 4th of July!  It is a lovely day here.  The trail was busier than usual today.  I've been to the Farmer's Market and I found some tart cherries.  There is nothing better than a tart cherry pie to celebrate on the 4th of July.  The bad part is having to pit all those cherries.  But I'll do that later this afternoon when I need a break from stitching.  I also was able to buy some of the best chocolate covered orange peel in the entire world.

 I'm going to have to make it last for more than just today.

I finished off some stitching into a pin.  It was a round robin piece at Celebrations last year.



I also finished off Ophelia's needleroll.  This is what made me want to take the class.


So it is only fitting that I get it done first. It is quite tiny as it is stitched over 1 on 40 count linen.  Look at that teeny needle page.   I'm going to work on the memory book next.
God bless America!
A

2 comments:

  1. Enjoy the 4th july.
    I'm always in love with your stitching and finishing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That little needleroll is so darn cute!
    Your pin turned out nice.
    And, that orange peel is making me drool. :)
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete