Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Harmony

Yes!  I got the Harmony Kit in the mail yesterday.  I haven't started it but I will today.  There is a wonderful up close photo that will really help when I'm wondering about something.

Then there is a lot of thread, three cards worth.  There are also several different kinds of thread.

There are several fabrics.  I have to baste the muslin to the fabric as one of my first steps.
Then there is a packet of all the stuff you need for the stumpwork.

I think a lot of this work will need a hoop.  I'll have to see if I have another large one.
This will be a very interesting project.  The Or Nue is something that I have never done before but I love that you can get a lovely fabric design for the ladies dress with it.

I finished up the Butterfly Needle Case and scissors fob.
Here is the case:
It has a butterfly button to hold it closed.

I'm not crazy about the bird, he seems too primitive a style for the rest of the design. I changed his colors a bit.

Here is the scissors fob. It is done over one on 30 count linen.

Beware!  There is also a problem with the colors for this part.  Some of the symbols are switched.
A

1 comment:

  1. That looks like an interesting project.
    The needle case and fob turned out nice.
    Sorry you had so much trouble with it.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete