Follow Thread in Hand by Email

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Up to the Attic

I've got some momentum going on the Painted Lady Sewing Case.  I worked hard on it yesterday and finished the basement.  It has a lot of texture in it.

I am a bit of a snob when it comes to needlepoint.  Because the designs are usually worked on a much larger count, I don't think you can get nearly as much detail as when you work on 32 count linen.  But I have to say that there is a lot of detail even though this is 24 count congress cloth.   I thought of a way to take this project with me.  I don't want to take the huge heavy notebook of instructions.  So if I take a photo with my Ipad of the next few pages, I can work on it while I'm in LA.  I have started the area at the top - the attic.

I stitched a few berries.  I'm happy with them.  Then I attempted a leaf in long and short stitch.  I also used an intermediate color of green.  Duh, I didn't think of it until Megan suggested it.  Thanks!  I like how it turned out.  I'm going to put some of the gold thread down the middle of it.  Just a straight stitch, not a chain stitch.
See what it looks like compared to the other side.

I am thinking of signing up for the class to be offered on Needle 'n Thread.  It is Vintage Strawberries in long and short stitch.  It sounds like fun.  I need practice with that stitch.
A

1 comment:

  1. I've been following along as you stitch your ornament, and love the new leaf you stitched. I've been wanting to stitch this, and will have to remember the changes you've made.

    ReplyDelete