Saturday, January 5, 2013

First Saturday of the Year

Jane, I sent off the blogiversary prize to you this morning.  Enjoy!
I've been to Pilates and paid the bills so now it is time to play.

 I worked on the beads yesterday and got it together.  I like how the  bead turned out but I don't think the Jessica stitch is done correctly.

The colors aren't right - green necklace, teal bead.  I wonder if I can buy the stuff to make a necklace of a better color to go with my beads.

I don't have the hang of the headpin bending yet.  Some of the pictures of the beads seem to show just little rings sewn to the edge.  I guess I could do that.  I like how the edge turned out.

You just put a strip of heavier paper around the bead and stitch over it.  I asked about the pictured bead for this class and the designer said she would send it to me. Yeah!

Uh-oh, I'm feeling the urge to start something new.....
A


2 comments:

  1. Hi Amy,
    First of all I wanted to wish you and your family a lovely 2013!
    I enjoyed reading your blog last year and will be doing so this year.
    I'm also considering entering the Cabinet of Curiosities class but the only thing that frightens me a lot is the amount she's asking (if I'm correct this doesn't even include the casket). If there are any tips you want to share ... they're highly welcome! ;-)
    Have fun with your beads this weekend!
    Kind greetings,
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely bead Amy. I like the edging. Looks really professional. New year=new starts aplenty so go for it!

    ReplyDelete