Luckily I have more material that I can cut. I was wondering how come I had so much leftover fabric. Now I know, they must have known I would make a mess out of the first cut. I am going to sandwich the lining and the Soft 'n Stable. I found the stencil pattern for the quilting. I wanted something that looked like waves.
Then I messed up the stitching for the Victorian Painted Lady Sewing Case. I was so proud of myself for getting all the way around the back of the case with nun stitches.
Then I realized that the canvas was too small. The front and back are joined and are one piece. So I have to start over on a larger piece of congress cloth. All those nun stitches for nothing! Rats! I'll just blame the directions for not making it clear. Now I know what size the case is going to be. It is way bigger that I imagined.
Let's hope today goes better.
Chili for dinner.