Monday, January 14, 2013

Like Deja Vu All Over Again

I started stitching the other (front) side of the Trevelyon Holly Ornament.  I got the outline done and started the berries.  I looked up some other red silk thread as I don't want to make all the berries the same color.

    It feels like I just stitched this - which I did.  It is hard for me to stay interested when I am doing the same thing all over again but I will try to keep my nose to the grindstone.

I got some more words done on the Painted Lady Sewing Case.  I am considering taking this with me on my trip.  Doing mind numbing nun's stitches might not be so bad on the plane.

We got rain then sleet then snow yesterday.  It is a little crunchy outside.  I will see Dylan this afternoon.  I wonder if he wants to do an art project.  Usually he just wants to play a game or two.  I always love making valentines and think it would be fun to make some marbled paper and cut hearts out of it for some homemade valentines.  It's the third grader in me.

I realized why I can't get myself to work on the oilcloth bag.  I'm scared it won't turn out.  It is always hard to do something you are afraid you can't do.  This is true even for kindergartners.  I have thought of just taking a small piece and playing with it just to see how it goes.

The bathrooms are clean and I need to get Dylan's bag of snacks ready.
A

1 comment:

  1. Love those red silks. I think I have over committed to SAL's this year and am feeling a little overwhelmed at present. Need to plod along and keep focussed huh? Have a lovely trip.

    ReplyDelete