Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Front and Center

While I was in LA I was able to finish the outside back of the Painted Lady Sewing Case.  I really like it.

I finished all the stupid nun stitches around the outside front and started on the the front's basement.  I totally messed up the front because I assumed it was just like the back.  Not.  It has some stairs on one side.  I spent yesterday picking out my stitching.

But at least I have started the front.  Now, I expected this project to be a pain.  Yes, I love the finished look of the whole thing but I didn't think I would enjoy getting there.  Surprise!  I am enjoying this very much.  It is a bit fiddlely but the effects I am stitching, I really like.

It is a little slow going and there are a few misleading diagrams along the way.  For instance, the diagram for the diagonal padding is over four threads but on the chart it is over five threads.  Easy to mess up if you are following the diagram.  Also it would help to have a chart with colors on it.

I signed up for another class.  I know, I have to stop this right now.  I signed up for the Vintage Strawberry class on Mary Corbet's Needle 'n Thread.  I just signed up last Friday and the kits were sent yesterday.  It will help me work on my long and short stitch.

Then my friend Shelly told me about another class.  If I join the Swan Sampler Guild I can get a kit specially designed for them by Jackie DuPlessis.  I couldn't resist.

I am also waiting for Amy Mitten to post info about a class she is going to offer.  It is a Needleworker's Pocketbook based on a Norfolk sampler.
This year is going to be so fun.
A

No comments:

Post a Comment