Thursday, August 17, 2017

Surprise Package

I was surprised the other day when I got tracking for a package I didn't remember having ordered.  A while ago (the end of June?) Mary Corbet talked about some metallic threads that were easier to work with.  They were available from Needle in a Haystack.  I ordered some.  It took a while because some of the threads were out of stock.  I had totally forgotten about them until I got the tracking number.  I got them this week.
They look like lovely threads.

There are several different sizes of braids, from 4 to 32.


  I haven't tried them out yet so I don't know how they are to work with but the colors are very nice.

Speaking of metallic threads, I found the metallic braid from the Amy Mitten kit that I had misplaced.  So I was able to finish up the rose with stumpwork petals.  Now I can start the next step which is the top row.  I need to iron (carefully!) the petals so they lay nicely.

We are expecting rain today but I was able to walk outside this morning.  It was 71 degrees.  Warm!
A

1 comment:

  1. The threads are pretty.
    The Stumpwork Roses are looking good.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete