Sunday, August 13, 2017

Sunday

It is such a joy to have friends.  I met friends last night at our favorite little hole-in-the-wall.  It is so fun to find out what is happening with them and to show them stuff I'm working on.  Sometimes I'm a bit isolated in my sewing room.
Marilyn asked what fabric I used for the strawberry I finished yesterday.  It was a piece of linen that I got at Stitchville called Chestnut, 32 count.

 This was not the called for fabric, it was just what I happen to have at the moment.  The pattern used 32 count Pear from Lakeside Linens.  I used the called for thread, Gloriana's Old Red Barn.  The chart also gave additional information for stitching the strawberry in several colors rather than just one.

I got several pdf patterns from Casa Cenina.  They asked designers to donate patterns that you can buy for 10 Euros each to raise money for Greek earthquake victim relief.  These are some of the patterns I bought:



You can just barely see the pattern in this one by Nora Corbett.
I accidentally bought the same pattern twice.  Oh, well, it is for charity.
A


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the info Amy.
    I think the fabric and the red thread make it just so beautiful.
    Great designer charts!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete