Saturday, August 5, 2017

House

Yesterday BFF#2 and I went to House of Stitches in LaPorte. Indiana.  It also happened to be BFF#2's birthday.  What better way to celebrate than go shopping?  It was a nice chance to talk even though it was cloudy and raining on the way down.  When we got to House of Stitches, two of BFF#2's friends were there.  We got to see one of Amy Mitten's samplers (the Mexican one) all framed up.  Needlework always looks more fantastic in person than in photos.  It was beautiful.  I found some great things to buy.  There was even one of those With Thy Needle and Thread market kits.

 It will be so cute made up.  It was much smaller than I had imagined.

I had decided that if House had the Schoolhouse Summer series in stock, I would get it.  They did.  So I got both parts that are out and some mushroom lugana to stitch it on.  Of course, I had to get the called for threads too.

I got some threads for a Threadworks Primitive chart, Quaker Pinwheel.  I found this chart and liked it.

Another market kit.

It was so fun to shop and shop.

We took the recommendation of the House of Stitches crew on where to have lunch.  We went to T-Berry's.  The perfect lunch:  Chicago dog, chicken noodle soup (their specialty) and a rootbeer float.  Hog heaven.

When we got back to BFF2's house, we had some birthday cake that was delicious.  I love angel food cake with chocolate icing.

It is so fun to have some more things to stitch.
A

1 comment:

  1. HOS is awesome, I think they have absolutely everything to stitch!
    Great stash choices.
    Love Angel Food cake. :)
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete