Thursday, August 10, 2017

Stalking

I'm a stalker.  I stalk Amy Mitten's website.  I check it many times a day hoping for something new to be offered.  Wouldn't it be nice if the next Queen Attire project was offered?  Or that pillow thing with storage inside?  I realize that it is silly to keep looking for something new when I have plenty of Amy Mitten projects to stitch already.  I bought a very interesting kit on ebay that was a stitch along in 2003 with Shepherd's Bush.  It is called "Tudor Rose" and is still available on Amy Mitten's website.  The first lesson begins with the bottom row of the project.

 I think it must be the hardest part.  I started it a while back and put it aside when other things came along.  But when I realized that if I wanted a challenging project from Amy Mitten, all I need to do is pull out what I already have.  So I found the kit (that's half the battle right there).  I read through and figured out where I was and what I needed to do next.  It was the over one animals.  No wonder I put it down.  I finished those up.


The next part was to complete the roses with stumpwork petals added to two of them.  Sounds hard.  But I trust Amy so I took it step by skeptical step.  I decided to work on the right side rose as it only has the white stumpwork petals to do.  I couldn't believe that I did it.  They don't look too bad.

The left rose is supposed to have two sets of stumpwork petals, red and white.  Not going to happen.  I'm just going to do the white petals and make it match the right side rose.  I'm hoping I can find enough of the gold braid.  I've misplaced it.


BFF#2 also reminded me that I have another very challenging Amy Mitten kit, Final Soliloquy.  Oh yeah, I forgot about that one.  Maybe I don't need to stalk Amy Mitten's website at least for a while.
A

1 comment: