Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Purple Scales

Purple seems a little wild for a mermaid's scales.  But what do I know?  It is very interesting to see a combination of colors that you think will never go together, blend in and look lovely.

 Since I just stitched another mermaid by the same designer I checked out the colors in the Mermaid's Purse. I like how her scales look.

 But her colors are much brighter and I don't think they would work for the Big Mermaid.  (the big mermaid looks small here).
I tried stitching two scales and decided that the center color, a very light purple, was not going to work.  It looked white.  So I put in a darker purple. I think I can live with this combination.

I worked on the lower right corner just to see how the grass colors looked.  (bad photo, sorry)

I have most of the bottom of the Off With Her Head bag in.  My goal today is to finish off the Queen Of Hearts dress so that all I have left is the background design.
Here you can see how much bigger this bag is going to be compared to the Mermaid Purse.

My tour is officially called the UK Casket Tour 2015.  We start off in Edinburgh.  I have spent too much time checking out places to see and have tea in Edinburgh.  I didn't know that JK Rowling wrote the first  Harry Potter book at the Elephant House cafe in Edinburgh.  Cool.  This will be so fun!! 12 days.
A

2 comments:

  1. I love your color selections, Amy! I think these are the most beautiful pieces and can't wait to see them all done. You do gorgeous work. Looking forward to hearing all about, and seeing pictures of your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The purple shade looks good.
    Great progress on Off.
    Can't wait to hear all about your trip.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete