Friday, September 18, 2015

Squirrelly

I have been putting a few stitches in here and there on the Big Mermaid.  She is coming along slowly but that's okay.  Over one is always slow.  I got the squirrel done.  I changed his main color.  It was supposed to be green.

You can't see it very well but the top of the acorn is a checkerboard.  Those little touches are cool.  I wanted to see what the water would look like so I started around the fish and did just a bit.
Then I started those eggplant shaped things.  I'm not sure what they are.  They could be fruit or flowers.
This is how it looks overall.
Slowly but surely she is taking shape.  Tomorrow I'll show you how the mermaid purse is coming along.
A

3 comments:

  1. Looks wonderful. I love the design and as you mention the little touches are really nice. I think the eggplant shaped things might be foxgloves. If you google images for foxgloves you'll find a tubular like flower. That's my guess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's looking great.
    I never saw a green Squirrel, have you? LOL
    Glad you changed it.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete