I decided to put in a few more stitches and hopefully finish off a motif on the Quaker Bag. I found the Gloriana Pacific Blue and threaded up my needle. Then I realized that wasn't the color I needed. I had decided to use leftover threads from a BrightNeedle project for the Quaker Bag. "Leftover" isn't really correct because I haven't finish this particular BrightNeedle Ladies Collection kit. But there looked to be way more threads than I would need. I also have the numbers of the silk so if I run out, I can get some more. So then I had to find that thread card. Then I had to find the instructions and the charts. No wonder I haven't worked on this for a while. But when I started stitching and it went very well. I finished the motif I was working on. Yeah! Then I went on to a couple more motifs. I started the backstitching around the edge. I think I could really stitch this thing! I will be very encouraged after I get this main piece done. I so admire Marilyn for getting her Quaker Bag all done. I'm hoping my color changes look okay. So far, so good. I've got some momentum going.
Then I decided that I didn't like the Big Mermaid's hair. It looked too stripey. I tried several colors. And took them out again. I settled on Chamomile and 3863 instead of the recommended colors. There is still a lot more to stitch on her hair.
We'll see how this all works out. I am filling in the sky. It would be great to get that one corner filled in.
Then I could build on that. I really want to see what one of her scales looks like. That's my goal for today.
I walked this morning and the weather was perfect. The bathrooms are clean. My mental countdown has begun. Two weeks from today I go on The Tour! My trip of a lifetime! I am very excited and a bit scared too.