Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Don't Forget the Thistle

I am working on the third of eight panels of Betsy Morgan's Elizabethan Eights box.

I just realized that I forgot to stitch the thistle on the second panel.  I'll have to go back and do that.  My FIL was Scottish and that is a symbol for Scotland.  I had a little stamp made of a thistle when I designed the invitations to my in-laws 50th anniversary party.

Every other panel is bargello.  I wish I had changed the colors just a bit. but I like the finished one I saw on Facebook.

I was determined to get the structure of the fins on the Mermaid's Purse in.  I started on one end and got off.  So I started on the other end, until I got off.  But I went back and fixed both ends and kept at it (all during Dancing with the Stars).  Now I just have to fill in the fins.

 I think there is a mistake in the color key for this.  The "deep peach"  is way lighter than the "peach".
top: peach, bottom: deep peach
So I found a darker color for some of the hair.  We'll see how it all works out.
Today's goal is to find the Gloriana thread Pacific Blue that is somewhere in my sewing room.  I need that color so I can get back to the Quaker Bag.
 Hey, I just saw that there is going to be another Casket Keepsake called "Diligence".  Cool.  I wonder what it will be like?
A

1 comment:

  1. Love that Mermaid purse. so cute.
    I agree, maybe they're labeled wrong?
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete