Thursday, October 1, 2015

Sea Heather

Deciding on colors is so hard!  Some people are really good at it.  I think Thea Dueck of Victorian Sampler has a knack for picking colors.  I know I'm not really good at it.  I also know that color makes a world of difference in whether I like something or not.  I am changing the colors of the Quaker Bag.  I am starting a new large motif and I wasn't sure what to go with.  I thought very light pink.  So I started it but didn't like it.  It was very hard to stitch because it was hard to see.  So I thought I'd take that out and try a cream.  Maybe that would show up better.  Nope.


So I was looking around at threads that were handy.  One of my favorite color threads is Gloriana Sea Heather.  So I tried that.  I can see it so much better.  I like the colors in it.  I think it will do.

Then I was looking at Elizabethan Eights.  I am not wild about the colors.  Then I saw that the colors had been changed.  The photo reference page showed a much lighter blue on the third panel.  I like that better.  So I took our the very dark blue and put in Sea Heather instead.  Much better.

I got a bit of the lower right corner done on the Big Mermaid.  It is coming along but very slowly.

A friend is stopping by this afternoon to see my stitching.  I love showing it off.  Fun.
11 days until the tour.
A

2 comments:

  1. The blue looks nice, shows up more,
    The big Mermaid will be so pretty when all of the colors are filled in.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete